Large bubble wrap near me is a very important type of packaging material that is designed to help you to move home, ship something or store something safely. It prevents damage ultimately, and that is the number one goal. It is low cost and well worth the trouble because it is highly effective. When packing your things into boxes, they need to be pre wrapped in bubble wrap to ensure their safety, and so how exactly do you go about using bubble wrap for packing?
- Firstly, you will need to make sure that you buy a roll of bubble wrap for moving that is large enough in width and length to cover the item that you are going to protect. It needs to completely cover it, with no gaps, and it is best to have enough for several layers of bubble wrap around it as well. If you leave any gaps or if the bubble wrap is not long enough, then this could cause a lot of damage to your items that you are protecting. So make sure that you take an accurate measurement using a tape measure, and buy a roll according to the size that you require.
- When it comes to using the good quality bubble wrap UK, firstly you’ll have to lay the bubble wrap out on a table top, or the floor if you do not have one available. It is always easier on a table because it means less bending over. Put a strip along the table, but do not cut this off of the roll just yet.
- Place the item that you wish to wrap up in the middle of the strip that you have put on the table. Let’s say you are wrapping up a television screen as an example. Put that onto the strip so that the longest side of the item is along the strip facing the roll.
- Next you need to pull up the opposite side of the strip to the roll and pull it up over the item in the middle. This is similar as you would do with wrapping paper during Christmas time. Do not tape this end to your item otherwise it could damage it, but just place it there and hold it in place, while you pull over the other edge with the roll over the top. You can now roll out more bubble wrap and wrap it around the item several times over. Once you have done this, secure the edge with some strong packing tape to hold it in place.
- You will now have to do the same in the other direction using bubble wrap as well. This is to make sure that there are no gaps in the parcel for damage. Once this is finished, again make sure you secure it in place using strong packing tape. Do not be tight with packing tape because this is vital, so make sure you use plenty of it.
- After you have done this, your parcel is now ready to be placed into a box, knowing that you have successfully wrapped up your item and it is safe from harm during transit.